Waverly on Wednesdays (WOW)
Each Wednesday during the School Year.
After School Program
For Elementary and Middle School Students | 3:30 PM - 5:15 PM
We believe that the lives of children are significantly influenced by their relationships with those around them. As people of faith who believe that we all benefit when children of our community are well provisioned, Waverly Road implemented an innovative and free after-school program on Wednesday afternoons to address the needs of children, focusing on homework assistance and serving the community. We also provide healthy, nutritious meals as well as positive role models.
- Transportation: Free pick-up at any city school. We will add schools as needed.
- When: Most Wednesdays during the school year.
- What Happens: We have free time to choose activities such as games and socializing, as well as quiet time for homework, reading, arts, crafts, music, and group-building activities.
- Where: WRPC Youth Suite, 2nd Floor
- What Else: Dinner (See Below)
For All Ages | 5:30 PM - 6:15 PM
During the school year, we place inserts in the Sunday bulletins so you can make reservations for the WOW Meal. Just drop in the offering plate to make your reservation. You can also complete the form at the bottom of the page to sign-up.
WOW Classes and Guest Speakers
6:15 PM - 7:15 PM
- Infants: The Caterpillar Room is staffed from 5:30 PM - 7:15 PM upon request via the reservation form on our WOW dinner program.
- Pre-Schoolers: The Butterfly Room is staffed from 5:30 PM - 7:15 PM upon request via the reservation form on our WOW dinner program.
- 1st - 5th Graders: Children in this age group participate in a music class.
- 6th - 8th Graders: Reverend Josh Russell takes participants on different group-building activities. at 7:15 the children are either picked up by parents or dropped off at home via our church van, if needed.
- High Schoolers and Adults: We have a guest speaker scheduled for the first WOW meeting each month, and special classes and the Grace Drama Group class for the remaining Wednesdays.