What does Waverly Road Presbyterian Church believe?
- We are a group of people who have expressed faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, and have accepted his lordship in our lives. We attempt to live our faith through love, in worship, fellowship, outreach, missions, and learning.
- We have experienced the grace of God in our lives, and therefore want to extend God's grace to others, especially those who are hurting. Other than agreeing on Jesus Christ as Savior and his lordship, we are people who hold different opinions on just about everything else! We do our best to offer a safe and enjoyable place for all of us who are seeking answers to real-life questions.
- Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, we trust in the one triune God, the Holy One of Israel, whom alone we worship and serve.
- God comes to us in free and undeserved favor in the person of Jesus Christ who lived, died, and rose for us that we might belong to God and serve Christ in the world.
- Following Jesus, Presbyterians are engaged in the world and in seeking thoughtful solutions to the challenges of our time.
- Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose for us that we might have eternal and abundant life in him. As Christ's disciples, called to ministry in his name, we seek to continue his mission of teaching the truth, feeding the hungry, healing the broken, and welcoming strangers. God sends the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love to be Christ's faithful disciples in the world.
For more information about Presbyterian beliefs, please visit the Presbyterian Church USA's website.
Are you interested or curious in becoming a member of our church?
If so, please speak with our pastor, Collin Adams. He can be reached:
In person after our Sunday morning church service,
By email at email@example.com,
Or at the church office at 423-247-5121.
Other members of the church will also be happy to assist you in reaching him.