Updates for Our Congregation
Waverly Road Presbyterian Church is Celebrating our 75th Anniversary! NEW Update concerning worship services – online ONLY through September 19th!
The Session has been in prayer and discussion over the pandemic resurgence in our local area, and how best to respond. WRPC is a congregation whose mission is first and foremost to Love God and Love One Another, as our Savior taught us. With humility, to do all we can to protect the most vulnerable in our community, WRPC will be returning to virtual worship services only through Sunday, Sept. 19. At that time, the Session will reassess the local data and CDC guidance. During this period masks will be required in the Church building during the week, and for those recording the virtual services on Sunday, with the exception of individuals speaking at the pulpit. These actions are consistent with previous actions we have taken during times of high community spread.
We don’t take these actions lightly, and are praying fervently that this is a temporary situation. Please be in prayer for our church, our community, for our health care workers, and all who are being impacted by the pandemic.
Welcome to Waverly Road Presbyterian Church! We're celebrating our 75th Anniversary all year long!
Please join us for in-person and online worship services every Sunday at 11:00am.
NEW UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR WORSHIP:
Beginning Sunday, October 24, 2021, the following guidelines will be in effect:
- Those who have been vaccinated for Covid-19 no longer need to wear a mask. However, you may keep wearing a mask if you wish.
- The seating in the front of the sanctuary will be unrestricted. If you have been vaccinated, you may sit in the unmarked pews without social distancing. Please reserve the pews in the back of the sanctuary for those who wish to maintain social distancing. If you choose to sit in the socially distant pews, you will be asked to wear a mask.
- We will begin congregational singing! Hymns and bibles will be placed in the pews, but the words to the hymns will also be in the bulletin.
- The HVAC system will be kept running during the service. This will increase airflow but will also increase background noise and may make it a bit cooler than you are used to, so please plan appropriately.
- We will continue the practice of not passing offering plates or communion plates for the time being. The offering plates will be placed in the narthex for people to place their gifts and communion will continue to be prepackaged.
- Church committees and ministries can meet in the church without needing prior authorization from Session. Outside groups will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
TO VIEW OUR SERVICES ONLINE
Click on either link for online Sunday Worship Services: